I've always struggled with trying to put stuff on here and not being able to, and setting it up like this means I can take self-promotion stuff out of the main blog feed and put it somewhere else, and make it easier for people to find what they're looking for.
I've also registered the domain petebrown.net, which is easier to remember and redirects to this site.
So there are some new tabs along the top - here's a brief guide to what's behind them.
- What's new? Keep an eye on the black newsstrip feed, where I'll talk about new blog posts, events, newly posted articles elsewhere etc.
- Home - the main blog page. Hello.
- About Pete - a brief bio, longer description and hi-res press shot - I get asked for these a lot! Now they're here.
- Events - I do loads of readings and corporate events. I'm going to keep an ongoing list of events I've been booked for, complete with details of tickets etc. There is also some information here about the variety of events I do, from straightforward book readings to experimental beer and music evenings to full dinners, and how to book me for an event.
- Books - a summary page for all the books I've written, in order of publication. Click on each title and you'll go to a page on that specific book, with more blurb and a bit of background, and some reviews with links to any I've managed to find in full online. In time, most of these pages will also have a photo gallery relating to the book.
- Other writing - the main reason I don't blog as often as I used to is that I have two or three press deadlines a week. I thought it might be nice to collect links to these so that if I haven't posted for a while and you are for some reason desperate to see what I've been thinking about, you can read more of my stuff here. I've only put a fraction of it on here so far but will eventually build it to be comprehensive.
- Consultancy - very few people can make a living just from writing these days. I do consultancy for drinks manufacturers and their agencies (which I keep entirely separate from my writing) and here's a bit of a sell page on what you can hire me for.
- Links - I've gone for a cleaner design overall. Soon I'll put a blog roll back up here as well as links to other useful resources.
- Contact - there's a form here that sends messages to my personal email.
Sorry to blog about my own blog, but this helps me get my career on a more professional footing, and hopefully helps you find what you want.
The next step of course, now I'm not working on a book for the first time in three years, is to start posting some more interesting content on the blog itself, now I don't have to clutter it up with posts about events etc. I've got so much to write about - some stories going back over a year - so will try to post more often from now on.